Mittwoch, 20. März 2013

Rebuild of a vintage MIFA women's bicycle from the 1960's

This will be my new project:

To rebuild a 1960's women's bike not in original condition with modern parts, especially security issued parts like brakes and lights.

I just bought the frame and got some wheels that I want to use. Here's what it looks like:








You might ask why this old peace of junk? Well, I personally like the look of these old frames, especially the middle part of the bike: the beautiful swung goose neck with its double tubing. You don't find that anymore.

So in the next months I am planning to find all the parts I need for this build.

After assembling it, I want to strip the paint, put primer on it, and repaint it in the favorite colours of fiancee (rattle cans).

So stay tuned!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen